Assistance Residence Officer
England, West Midlands, Coventry - £26,000 - £28,000 per annum
Our client seeks an experienced Assistant Residence Officer to join there ever expanding organisation.
Overall purpose is to:-
Ensure a high quality level of customer focussed service is provided at all times. To effectively manage, improve and maintain our student satisfaction levels.
To assist with the effective management of a portfolio of Group owned/leased accommodation for residents.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Responsible for the day to day supervision of the domestic team.
2.Respond to any incidents, conducting welfare visits and taking any appropriate action where necessary.
3.Plan and organise the cleaning rota to ensure that cleaning is carried out in accordance with the cleaning schedule to ensure a high level of cleanliness of the communal and external areas of the properties.
4.Conduct and record quality cleaning checks, taking appropriate action where necessary.
5.Deputise for Residence Officer when required
6.Organise all relevant arrangements to effectively deliver short-term lets.
7.Assist with ensuring student contracts are adhered to, investigating and respond to any breaches as appropriate.
8.To undertake inventories of accommodation ensuring all areas are in good condition and an accurate record is maintained.
9.To conduct property inspections, before and after occupancy and at regular intervals throughout the year.
10. To assist in resolving any welfare issues that arise and take a proactive approach to ensure that residents enjoy a high quality experience.
11. Maintaining an effective and high profile relationship with residents throughout their stay, responding to requests for information and assistance as necessary.
12. Assist with the production of defects and damage invoices, and refurbishment plans.
13. Responding to any emergencies, including those outside of normal office hours.
14. To ensure the safety and welfare of all residents, taking appropriate action as necessary. Sign post to other support agencies as necessary. Provide a full first aid provision to residents and staff, referring to medical professionals if appropriate.
15. Monitor and manage stock levels for cleaning materials.
16. Ensure maintenance issues are recorded and dealt with as appropriate.
17. To follow up any residence queries or property related issues.
18. Participate in the calendar of annual events to include University Open Days and
Education/Qualifications Educated to A level or equivalent NVQ or BICS in cleaning
Degree in hospitality management
Working in a front facing customer environment.
Knowledge and experience of working with a portfolio of property, in particular facilities management; either housekeeping or commercial cleaning role.
Significant knowledge of Health and safety regulations and control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
Experience of conducting risk assessments, manual handling and hold a current First Aid at
Work Certificate or be prepared to undertake training.
Competent in the use of Microsoft Office. Problem Solving.
Possess excellent communication skills and can build relationships effectively with people. Discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
Excellent customer service skills.
Excellent organisation and planning skills.
Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative and as part of a team. Sensitive approach when dealing with a range of customers.
Opportunities for taking annual leave during business critical periods (mainly from mid- August to end of September) will be restricted.
Full UK driving licence.
Willingness to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
To work on a 5 over 7 shift pattern to meet business requirements.
The post holder will be required to participate in the Emergency Standby/Call out rota when required, taking ownership of resolving any incidents that occur whilst on call and offering flexibility in working hours as required.
The Company will provide a uniform that the post holder must wear whilst in the work place. The post holder will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the uniform.