England, West Midlands, Coventry - £8 per hour
£8.26 an hour
Coventry City Centre
An excellent opportunity for a Clerical Assistant to join one of Coventry's largest employers on a 6 month contract. Working in collaboration with all divisions you will provide general clerical support to a very busy department.
* To undertake a range of general administrative tasks within the department including managing post, filing/archiving, taking meeting minutes and controlling stationary.
* To deal with general enquiries by telephone and e-mail.
* Assist with the preparations for administrational award ceremonies.
* Assist with the preparations for main ceremonies.
* Follow procedures to extract data from the record system under direction from department staff to print key documents.
* Use Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook proficiently using functions such as mail merge (Word) and simple formatting and formulae (Excel) to process outputs from the records system.
You will face challenges associated with the delivery of quality services whilst working to tight deadlines and frequently changing demands made by a broad range of parties across the organisation and externally. You will be required to be flexible in an ever-changing environment.
* Qualified to GSCE level standard or have equivalent qualifications or experience.
* A- Levels/ ECDL or equivalent IT proficiency cert would be advantageous.
* Significant experience in a administrative role ideally in a large organisation.
* Experience of collating and manipulating data. Must be able to demonstrate organisational skills and attention to detail.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* A good level of competency in using email, the internet and Microsoft Office (in particular Word Excel and Outlook).
* Excellent customer care skills.
* Well organised.
* Good team worker.
* Experience of handling customer-facing situations.
* Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the organisation