Graduate Business Development Engineer
England, West Midlands, Coventry - £23,000 per annum
Our client a long established Engineering firm in Coventry is seeking a Graduate Business Development Engineer to join their growing company .
Based : Coventry (UK)
Travel Requirements : Once training is completed, occasional travel to customers anywhere globally
Purpose of Role
* Reporting to the End Stops Business Development Manager (BDM), the Industrial & End
Stops Business Development Engineer (BDE) is expected to liaise-with, support, visit and
develop new and existing Industrial & End Stop customers globally. Account development
will be achieved through excellent customer service coupled with the effective promotion of
the company's technological product advantages and its expanding global footprint.
Customers cover the range of Port, Crane, Mining, Metals & most other heavy-duty
* Be the Commercial front line for all customers, offering administrative and product support
* Commercially support and develop existing customers across The Region
* Identify, profile and develop new customer prospective business in The Region
* Work to existing product pricing structures
* Liaise closely with colleagues in Marketing, Applications & Design Engineering, Quality,
Purchasing & Production.
* Implement customer price reviews that have been agreed
* Process and advise on the terms of Contracts, Agreements, NDA's etc with customers
* Regularly update the company CRM System (Salesforce) with all relevant customer details
and market information
* Be familiar with the use of the company MRP System, QAD.
* Periodically visit customers as part of the business development of them
* Produce a monthly report on activity and customer development
* Seek out data and activity about competitors
* Ideally will have 1+ years' experience in an industrial/manufacturing sales or commercial
* Experience of customer support (Commercial, Technical, Application Engineering etc) within
an industrial engineering component sector would be beneficial.
* Has been working individually or as part of a team in realising business development
* Exposure to international business would be useful
* Experience of liaising and working with various Customer Departments including
Engineering, Purchasing etc would be beneficial
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* A drive to deliver market-leading customer service
* Relationship building skills
* A desire to achieve business development
* An appreciation of Engineering principles, along with the capacity to learn about Engineered
products, especially Mechanics & Hydraulics
* A good team player, but equally capable of working on one's own
* Self motivated with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
* Key Words/Phrases : Customer Service, Commercial drive, Technical ability, reliable
* Computer literate, including competency with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and a CRM system.
Experience with an MRP system would be useful
Education and Qualifications
* Likely to possess a business, commercial or technical higher qualification such as
HNC/HND/Degree (or equivalent) or has completed a Business or Engineering
* However, good relevant experience will be equally applicable as an alternative. Must
possess an appreciation of Engineering principles.