Supplier Process Technician
England, Derbyshire, Chesterfield - £25,000 per annum
Working on behalf of our client head office based in Coventry, but this role will be based in Chesterfield at two site 7 miles apart, Van and mobile provided.
The first two weeks will be based in Coventry for training on products and health & safety.
Job title: Supplier Process Technician Reports to: Quality Manager
Section: Quality Department
To work with vendors to ensure effective processes are available and sustained to deliver Quality products
(Right-first-time), on-time to the scheduled lead-times, using the most efficient processing methods.
Work with the vendors to ensure effective introduction/ release of new products and/ or engineering changes affecting existing products.
Working across two plating plants in Chesterfield inspecting company product prior to and after the plating
Description of duties
* Carry out sample inspection checks on goods received ensuring they are free from damage and that any damage is identified, the cause investigated, and appropriate actions taken.
* Conduct Pre-Despatch Inspection on the plating of large mechanical components, ensuring they are free from plating defects and any damage is identified and reported back to sub-contractors.
* Check specific dimensions that may have been affecting by plating thickness ensuring they comply drawing requirement.
* Ensure adherence to Engineering specifications and Inspection Instructions are adhered to, despite pressure from Manufacturing and other departments.
* Ensures that the equipment used in the execution of the inspection is handled and calibrated where appropriate, and its storage is appropriate.
* Take appropriate action and raise documentation for non-conforming parts.
* Timely escalation of process errors and or system failures to company and Supplier quality teams.
* Ensure products and packed, stored and transported in a manner that eliminates the opportunity for product damage.
* Creation and control of standard work and plating procedures for company products.
* Monitor, analyse and continually improve the capability of the manufacturing processes utilising quality tools and quality planning methodologies.
* Actively support engineering change requests and change orders to ensure activities are completed effectively and in a timely manner.
* In collaboration with Product Engineering, develop technical specifications for production equipment in readiness for procurement/ manufacture to then be used in vendors (Existing process or NPD/ NPI).
* Project lead installation, qualification & validation of production tooling, test equipment and jigs & fixtures
(Existing or NPD/NPI) for products.* Work with vendors to establish TPM program for Key & Critical equipment, ensuring operator &
maintenance tasks regarding TPM are defined.
Skills and Experience
Self-motivated driven individual that is eager to make improvements.
Able to use a variety of hand-held measuring tools.
Ability to read drawings and interpret specifications.
Formal engineering qualification or previous work experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
Knowledge of manual handling.
Responsible approach to health, safety and environmental risks.